According to The Venerable Bede’s history there was a settlement here called Loidis . Today it is called LEEDS and is the third largest city in the country after London and Birmingham. The city sits at the bottom of the eastern edge of the Pennines by the River Aire. The earliest evidence of a church dates back to the 7th C and in more recent times a stone church was built. However, the city grew so rapidly it was felt the church was not large enough to hold the growing population so a new building was constructed in 1838 and became a Minster in 2012. To complete this much grander building a ring of 13 bells was cast and installed in 1842 and they will be ringing out across Yorkshire to cheer on ST. GEORGE.