Get Ringing for England in 2016 on St. George’s Day April 23rd
We are the Campaign RINGING FOR ENGLAND to celebrate – ENGLAND’s DAY, ST. GEORGE’s DAY every year on April 23rd.
We want you to listen out for bells ringing throughout the country in celebration. Our 6th year – 2016, will be a Leap Year so April 23rd will be a Saturday = more bells ringing all over the country to celebrate ENGLAND’s National Day. Follow us on twitter (@englandringing) and facebook (Ringing for England) to keep up to date on all that is happening.
Lots of people love the Campaign and we have had media coverage on BBC x 22 Regional Radio Shows, national and local press, The Archers, Country Life and 2015 featured on BBC The ONE Show. New this year is a competition to create a ‘ROLLING RING’ by ringing from as many towers as possible within a specific area all on April 23rd. There will be ‘OPEN DAYS’ so come and try your hand at ringing.
This year the Campaign has thrown down a challenge to all the ringers to see how many bells can be rung consecutively throughout the day. It is called a ‘ROLLING RING’. We already have bands of ringers that have enthusiastically taken up the challenge and will be ringing from their towers from 9 in the morning until 9 at night. GO AND CHEER THEM ON
Also there will be OPEN DAYs at towers in cities so if you think you would like to try your hand at the ropes and take part in this special way to celebrate ENGLAND’S DAY, ST.GEORGE’s DAY then go along on APRIL 23rd and have some fun. Click on below to hear Oxford University Church of St. Mary ringing Grandsire Doubles
For more information for Ringers, please click here »
Latest Ringing News
- Here are two more of the over 30 towers that rang in NORTH BUCKS | 3 May 2016
- More Happy Bands from NORTH BUCKS as they rang for ST.GEORGE’S DAY | 3 May 2016
- Some of the towers of NORTH BUCKS as they rang | 3 May 2016
- These are the timings throughout the day of some of the NORTH BUCKS towers | 3 May 2016
- Towers of NORTH BUCKS Branch ‘Rolling Ring’ success story for ST.GEORGE’S DAY | 2 May 2016
- Thank You All Ringers across England making ST.GEORGE’S DAY a Success | 30 April 2016
- ESSEX Ringers reunited for ST.GEORGE’S DAY making it an extra special day. | 29 April 2016
- Another tower ASHCHURCH rang for Tewkesbury’s ‘Rolling Ring’ on Saturday | 29 April 2016
- The tower in RIPPLE rang out as part of the Glocs ‘Rolling Ring’ on Saturday | 29 April 2016
- N. Glouc’s TEWKESBURY rang for ST.GEORGE in a ‘Rolling Ring’ | 29 April 2016