Get Ringing for England in 2018 on St. George’s Day April 23rd
We are the Campaign RINGING FOR ENGLAND to celebrate – ENGLAND’s DAY, ST. GEORGE’s DAY every year on April 23rd.
We want you to listen out for bells ringing throughout the country in celebration. Our 8th year – 2018, will be a Monday so bells will be ringing all over the country to celebrate ENGLAND’s National Day. Follow us on twitter (@englandringing) and facebook (Ringing for England) to keep up to date on all that is happening.
Lots of people love the Campaign and we have had media coverage on BBC x 22 Regional Radio Shows, national and local press, The Archers, Country Life and 2015 featured on BBC The ONE Show. One of the innovations of the Campaign was to create a competition to create a ‘ROLLING RING’ by ringing from as many towers as possible within a specific area all on April 23rd. Another to encourage ‘OPEN DAYS’ to the towers on April 23rd so the public can come and try their hand at ringing.
The Campaign in the past has thrown down the challenge to all the ringers to see how many bells could be rung consecutively throughout the day. It was called a ‘ROLLING RING’. Many ringers took up the challenge enthusiastically and rang from their towers from 9 in the morning until 9 at night. Local Radio and Television stations helped them on their way.
Also there will be OPEN DAYs at towers in cities so if you think you would like to try your hand at the ropes and take part in this special way to celebrate ENGLAND’S DAY, ST.GEORGE’s DAY then go along on APRIL 23rd and have some fun. Click on below to hear Oxford University Church of St. Mary ringing Grandsire Doubles and be encouraged to join in this wonderful event.
For more information for Ringers, please click here »
Latest Ringing News
- Bells across KENT rang out for ST.GEORGE and here is one of them | 26 April 2018
- A Typical Happy Band that Rang for St.George’s Day – BRIDGWATER | 24 April 2018
- The 2018 Campaign has started to ring out for ST.GEORGE | 17 April 2018
- A Happy Christmas 2017 to all BELL RINGERS in the land | 23 December 2017
- To All Bell Ringers – A HAPPY NEW YEAR – 2017 | 1 January 2017
- Her Majesty The Queen’s 90th Birthday and Prince Philip’s 95th | 12 June 2016
- Another tower that rang out on April 23rd from LANCASHIRE | 22 May 2016
- The Five Bells of STANTON DREW in Somerset rang for ST.GEORGE. | 10 May 2016
- Here are two more of the over 30 towers that rang in NORTH BUCKS | 3 May 2016
- More Happy Bands from NORTH BUCKS as they rang for ST.GEORGE’S DAY | 3 May 2016